Embroidery is a skill that’s very rewarding. You can make clothes with intricate designs and logos that appeal to your target clients. What’s more, with computerized embroidery, you have a fast and efficient way of making your outfits. Digital or computerized embroidery is the newest way to decorate your fabric with thread. In this post, we’ll look at the best home embroidery machine with large hoops.
The machine holds a small piece of the material and moves the needle to create the programmed design. Conventional home embroidery machines come with this digital feature that makes it easy for you to make top-notch designs. Although the home machine is built for small projects, you can use it to turn the intricate designs in your mind to reality.
Types of embroidery machines
There is a vast array of machine embroidery equipment in the market. For starters, there is a single needle machine that looks more or less like the regular sewing machine. This equipment comes with a single needle and a single pool. When you are using it, you will have to change the thread from time to time.
Alternatively, there is a single head/multi-needle sewing option. This tool is faster than the single thread option and gives you the choice of using multiple threads on a fabric. Most of the models in the market offer the sewing and embroidery combination. Such machines allow you to sew and embroider your outfit.
Instead of investing on two separate devices, one for embroidery and the other for sewing, you can purchase one. Currently, machines also bear in mind the beginner.
Since they are automated, you can learn how to use them within a short window of time. Now that you have a fair idea of the two main types of machine embroidery equipment let’s delve into the benefits of having a home embroidery machine with the largest hoop.
The Largest Embroidery Hoop Size
Sewing machines are littered with brand-specific terminologies such as PES, VP3, PC, PE, and many more. There are many options in the market. Some can only stitch specific sizes of designs, whereas others give you the option of variety. The size of the design is determined by the throat distance or the space between the body of the machine and the needle. The larger the range, the bigger the hoop size.
The largest embroidery hoop size is 260x400mm. This jumbo size is ideal for large embroidery projects such as extra-large embroidery motifs, borders, and combinations. As a standard, machine embroidery hoop sizes tend to be larger than the actual size that they will stitch.
If you buy a machine with a 4×4 hoop size, then the sewing field is 3.94×3.94. Similarly, a 5×7 hoop delivers a 5,12 by 7.09-inch sewing field. The sizes available in the market are as follows:
- 4×4 inch(100x100mm)
- 5×7 inch (130x180mm)
- 6x10inch (160x260mm)
- 8x10inch (200x260mm)
- 8×8 inch (200×200)
Sewing and embroidery machine manufacturers distinguish their equipment with hoop sizes. Cheaper machines have a smaller hoop. However, you cannot use a smaller hoop to make large designs, so you should invest in a costlier machine that offers a better sewing experience.
A large hoop is beneficial as it will help you design bigger locks, more intricate designs, and a more substantial finished piece.
5 Best Embroidery Machines with the Biggest Hoop
We have reviewed the top five embroidery machines with the best reviews online. These machines are easy to use and offer the option of an automatic needle threader.
1. Singer Futura
The Singer Futura is embroidery equipment with a computerized embroidery system. This tool has an LED light system that prevents you from straining your eyes as you work. The automated system lets you create the embroidery design in the machine.
Once you save the file, the automatic needle threader goes to work on the fabric by mimicking the configuration saved in the system. The Singer Futura is a conventional sewing machine. It is excellent for beginners, as it is easy to use.
It comes with built-in stitches and built-in designs that you can start with as you learn more about embroidery. Also, it has a maximum work area of 10×4 inches.
Aside from advanced features, the Singer Futura offers a big embroidery area and more than 400 lettering fonts option. This equipment has user-friendly software and provides excellent pressure on the feet.
- SINGER EMBROIDERY SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Futura XL-580 sewing and embroidery machine has 215 popular built-in sewing stitches with two fully automatic one-step buttonholes and also boasts 250 built-in embroidery designs with five fonts and outline lettering
- SEWING MACHINE WITH LED OPTIONS: Fills the sewing surface with light, making it easier to view your work and eliminating eye strain Frequency : 60Hz
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Simply guide the thread directly from the spool to the needle area through a single groove and thread the needle by pressing the threading lever for easy needle threading
- COMPUTERIZED EMBROIDERY SYSTEM: Customize your embroidery on your computer screen Combine multiple designs into one design file and add lettering to personalize your embroidery
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER FUTURA XL-580 sewing and embroidery machine is everything you love about your SINGER sewing machine, built right into an embroidery machine It’s never been easier to add the personal touches that make your sewing projects shine Automatic features make it easy to let your creativity lead the way
2. Brother 600 Sewing and Embroidery Machine
Similar to the Singer Futura, the Brother embroidery machine offers a combo of sewing and embroidery option to its user. This machine is great for beginners as it comes with 103 built-in sewing stitches and built-in designs. You can import designs from the built-in USB port.
Brother customers have more than 1000 ideas to choose from Sewing cuffs, jeans, and other cylindrical outfits are easy as the machine has the free arm convertible feature. The Brother se400 also boasts of high reviews. This machine offers online help and step-by-step instructions from the LED screen.
The start button allows you to start your sewing without a foot pedal, which makes it easier for you if you have back problems. Overall, the automatic features in this sewing machines save you time and the stress of straining your eyes and your fingers.
It has a stitch length of up to 5.00mm and a width of 7.00mm. Brother has a 5×7 inches embroidery area for larger embroidery projects. Other specifications include built-in decorative stitches, heirloom stitch functions, and quilting stitch functions.
- 80 Built-in designs: The SE600 comes with 80 Built-in designs and 6 embroidery lettering fonts for personalizing your projects
- Automatic needle threader and drop-in top bobbin: This sewing and embroidery combo machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- 103 Built-in sewing stitches: This machine features 103 sewing stitches including 10 styles of auto-size buttonholes. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches per minute)- 710
- Large color touchscreen: The Brother SE600 computerized sewing and embroidery machine features a large 3.2" LCD color touchscreen allowing you to preview your designs before stitching
- 4" X 4" Embroidery field: This computerized combo machine is built with a 4" x 4" Embroidery field with an included hoop, embroidery arm and 7 sewing feet
3. EverSewn Hero Sewing Machine
is worth its price of at least $400. It offers both professionals and beginners an easy sewing and embroidery experience. This embroidery tool has automated features similar to the other models, including an upper needle and bobbin thread monitoring feature. The machine has an embroidery area of 110mm x 170mm.
It also comes with eight different presser feet and 400+utility lettering fonts for you to decorate and alphabet your fabric. This machine checks all the features for beautiful embroidery stitch quality, long-lasting, and robust sewing experience as well as convenient features.
- SPECIAL PRICING! Take advantage of 25% off of the $119 MSRP today and tomorrow only
4. Janome Memory Craft 400e Embroidery Machine
The Jerome Model is one of the best home embroidery machines in the market. This machine is specified for embroidery. It comes with an embroidery area of 7.9 x 7.9 inches, a full rotary hook bobbin, 160 built-in designs, and a full color LED touchscreen.
The standard measurement of the hoops for Janome include optional sizes of RE10b – 4.3″ x 5″, RE20b – 5.5″ x 7.9″ SQ14b – 5.5″ x 5.5″ and a standard hoop of SQ20b – 7.9″ x 7.9″. The on-screen editing functions are vast and include copy and paste option, rotate, drag, and drop function, jump thread trimming and adjustable speed plus many more.
On the downside, however, may be challenging for beginners. a bit pricey. But if you are a professional, then this is a home embroidery kit that will not disappoint.
- 7.9" x 7.9" Embroidery Field
- 160 High Quality Janome Built In Designs
- 6 fonts for monogramming
- 2 and 3 letter monogram built in
- Built in USB port to import designs from your pc
5. Singer 9970 Quantum Stylist Computerized Embroidery
The Singer manufacturer has delivered quality home machines since 1821. This Singer 9970 Quantum Stylist lives up to its name as one of the best embroidery machines to purchase. Singer 9970 is lightweight and offers 600 built-in stitches for you to choose from when sewing.
This machine also comes with an automatic embroidery thread feature, 13 automatic button styles, one-touch automatic thread cutter, plus an electronic autopilot for speed control. The singer has versatile stitch editing capabilities that allow you to control the exact look of your stitch pattern.
It offers an embroidery area of 5×7 inches. Its volt design is 110, meaning that it can only be used in Canada and the USA. Most of the reviews mention that this machine is convenient for use, even with beginners. If there is an issue worth noting is that some reviews point out that the needle threader is not easy to assemble.
The five mentioned machines are best for home business. Most of the models offer you the best of both worlds, that is the sewing and embroidery option.
If you are new to embroidery, conventional machines come with step-by-step guidelines, built-in stitches, and embroidery designs that make it easy for you to learn while you design your outfit.
Alternatively, you can key in new embroidery designs to the system and work your way through a cool outfit using your new design.
- Automatic needle threader and top drop-in bobbin system make for quick and easy set-up
- 600 built-in stitches including 13 styles of fully automatic one-step buttonholes and 5 different fonts provide endless project possibilities
- Stitch editing capabilities allow you to control the exact look of a stitch pattern with elongation and mirror imaging
- One-touch automatic thread cutter trims the upper and lower threads when you are done sewing for faster and easier sewing
- Electronic auto pilot and speed control provide complete control of sewing speed making sewing difficult areas easier and error-free. 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only.
Can you Do Regular Sewing on an Embroidery Machine?
Embroidery sewing machines do not perform the task of a regular sewing machine. Sewing is all about creating the structure of a garment. Alternatively, embroidery is all about polishing the garment with beautiful designs. As such, the machines associated with the two different tasks are designed differently.
Embroidery machines are for embroidery only. Most of the devices in the market that offer a combination of sewing and embroidery allow you to remove the embroidery feature if you want to sew. Embroidery machines have hoops for hooping. Hooping involves putting the fabric into the machine’s hoop for embroidery.
Unlike hand embroidery, embroidery machines have a stabilizer for fixing the fabric in place while stitching the design. The hoop acts like a presser foot as it holds the fabric in place while the machine sews the design. Unlike sewing machines, embroidery equipment does not have a feed dog.
Instead, there is the stabilizer that works in conjunction with the hoop to hold the fabric while you are embroidering. There are a variety of stabilizers, depending on the project you are working on. Some stabilizers appear below the fabric rs appear below the fabric, whereas others appear above.
If you are working on a napped fabric, for instance, you would need a top stabilizer to hold the nap down and prevent the loops of the fabric from pocking through the design.
Traditionally, hand embroidery dates back to 30,000 BC. This craft would take hours on end as one worked with different threads and needles to bring out their desired embroidery. Traditional techniques of embroidery, such as the ones found in Mexico, Eastern Europe, and Vietnam, are examples of the enduring art of embroidery in the society.
With digitization, modern society has been able to take this art to the next level. The software in the embroidery machines allows you to either use built-in images or make your designs and feed them into the machine. Once the image has been digitized, the machine stitches out the image onto the fabric.
Some people opt for free-motion embroidery. Free-embroidery is an art that does not require a machine. In this technique, you use a sewing machine to freehand draw and make your design. A common problem with hand embroidery is keeping your hand stable while making your design.
The unnecessary movement of your hand means that your result may not be perfect. However, you can buy a stitch regulator to make the work easier for you. After you sew your garment with a sewing machine, you can drop the feed dog and the darning foot. Next, you place the stitch regulator and make your design.
To conclude, embroidery is an art that enhances the appeal of a material. Whereas most traditional approaches involved long-hours of manual labor, modern embroidery machines mean that you can start a project and complete it in a matter of hours. Hooping is a technique in embroidery in which you place the fabric on the working space, place a stabilizer on the fabric, and work on your design.
The larger the hoop, the more versatile the designs that you can achieve. Presently, there are a vast array of brands that offer both the sewing and embroidery option. Brands such as the brother 400, the Singer Futura, and Eversewn Hero help you accomplish the task of sewing and embroidery.
The machines listed here are excellent for beginners. You can use their manual or access tutorials online that will help you become a guru in seconds. The embroidery area offered with these machines, along with other automation features, will not only make embroidery easy but fun as well.