Table of Contents
- 1 Honorable Mention-Bonus Pick
- 2 Quilter’s Academy Vol. 1 – Freshman Year: A Skill-Building Course in Quiltmaking
- 3 Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Walters
- 4 Sunday Morning Quilts: 16 Modern Scrap Projects
- 5 Shape by Shape Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Walters: 70+ Designs for Blocks, Backgrounds & Borders
- 6 Free-Motion Quilting Idea Book
- 7 Quilt As-You-Go Made Modern: Fresh Techniques for Busy Quilters
- 8 Quilts for Beginners: A How-to Book of Quilting Supplies, How-to-Quilt Techniques, and Quilt Patterns
- 9 Simple Quilts from Me and My Sister Designs: Easy as 1, 2, 3
- 10 The Complete Guide to Machine Quilting: How to Use Your Home Sewing Machine to Achieve Hand-Quilting Effects
- 11 Better Homes and Gardens: Complete Guide to Quilting, More than 750 Step-by-Step Color Photographs
Our Top 10 Best Sewing Books
Is sewing your favorite hobby? Or do you want to generate extra income from it? If so, you need a reliable guide along the way. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned sewer, reading sewing books is a surefire tip to increase your knowledge and improve your skills in sewing. If you’re looking for the best sewing books in the marketplace, here are 12 books you can choose from. This review includes the pros and cons of each book to help you come up with a well-informed decision. Here are our picks for the top 10 best sewing books on the market today!! (Plus a bonus book that just missed out making our list)
- It discusses complete step by step instruction in sewing for beginners.
- It helps you learn essential skills, such as winding a bobbin and customizing a pattern.
- It has 25 impressive fresh designs for you to work on.
- One of the highlights is The Ten Fabric Commandments.
- Thorough Beginner Introduction
- Every beginner can get a full grasp with each easy-to-understand instruction.
- It teaches good habits
- This book is more than just a sewing guide. It also teaches good habits such as proper sewing and taking care of your machine.
- Functional projects
- The multiple projects come in wide range. Cape mood, Power Tie, Tokyo Tie bag are some of the functional sewing projects you can get started with.
- Not ideal for difficult shapes
- The styles don’t include curve darts so it might not be perfect for difficult shapes.
- A bit daunting
- This book has a lot of stich and seam guide which could be overwhelming for beginners.
Above all, Sew Everything Workshop is all you need for a jumpstart to sewing. You might want to work on those cute dozen-old patterns. It is our pick for the best sewing book on the market today!!
- Sewing School is a handy sewing guide for kids ages 5 and above.
- It is packed with easy to follow engaging instruction along with cut out patterns, colorful illustrations, and more.
- It also comes with 21 amazing sewing projects for your little ones.
- Fun Sewing projects for kids
- If you want something fun for your kids, then this book can help you indulge your cuties into fun sewing. They get to learn exciting projects such as colorful pillows, blankets, dolls, potholders and more.
- No sewing machine needed
- With this book, kids can learn simple hand stiches, as there is no sewing machine required.
- Kids may need supervision from their moms. Some of the guide may be confusion to kids so it’s good for parents to be part of the learning process.
Above all, Sewing School is a great option if you want a low-cost activity for your kids. This book will surely increase your kid’s confident in crafting. It is also our top pick as the best sewing book for kids!!!
- It has detailed instruction regarding how to use vintage and modern sewing machines.
- The chapters are focused on stitches, needles, fabric, setting up the sewing room, and unlocking your creativity.
- Easy to Navigate
- It doesn’t matter if you don’t have any knowledge in sewing. Beginners like you will surely find it easy to navigate the introductory chapters.
- Two-in-One. While some sewing books are focused on a single level of experience, this one is intended both for newbies and experts. It touches the basics while detailing advanced subjects.
- A bit pricey
- Since it’s a two-in-one guide, you can expect it to be a bit pricey compared to other sewing books out there.
- Can be quite overwhelming. This book covers multiple insights regarding industrial and home machines. This could be a bit overwhelming for beginners. Hence, it really needs serious thought among beginners.
If you want to erase the hate part of sewing, then The Sewing Machine Master Guide is all you need. It will make sewing much easier and more convenient for you.
- This book is well photographed, thoroughly explained and sharply detailed.
- This sewing guide starts with the basic toolkit, including the different types of cutting tool.
- It also includes different pattern information, proper way of cutting and adjustment.
- It has also a detailed explanation of key stitches.
- Sharply explained
- Each substantial section clearly explains everything you need to take your sewing skills into a newer height. It puts emphasis on showcase darts, pleats and zips in a concise manner.
- Another great thing about the book is that it includes 25 home décor as well as clothing projects located at the back of the book.
- Not so ideal for experts
- This book is more focused on teaching beginners. Hence, if you are an expert and you want to improve further in sewing, then you might want to look for other books in the marketplace.
Rounding up, The Sewing Book can be a good choice if you want to learn the step-by-steps in sewing. You might want to give it a try!
5. First Time Sewing: The Absolute Beginner’s Guide: Learn By Doing – Step-by-Step Basics and Easy Projects
- It features step by step instruction regarding all the nuts and bolts of sewing.
- It is packed with detailed descriptions of tools and materials that are necessary in sewing.
- Unlike other books, First Time Sewing is an upfront guide to sewing. It teaches the basics of sewing in a very comprehensive manner thus making it easy to follow.
- Photos are included
- One great thing about this sewing book is that it includes photos in the step by step instruction. This makes it easy for readers to grasp the instruction.
- Quite short
- One concern among users is that the book is quite short. This is because it only focuses on the basics of sewing, setting aside the advanced ones.
To make your stitching projects more amazing than ever, be guided by this sewing book. First Time Sewing will teach you the necessarily skills in sewing.
6. Singer Complete Photo Guide to Sewing – Revised + Expanded Edition: 1200 Full-Color How-To Photos
- With 352 pages along with 1100 photographs, rest assured that you’ll learn wide range of skills regarding sewing.
- It details step by step guide in tailoring, sewing using machines and creating awesome home décor projects.
- Full Color Photos
- What makes this sewing guide a better option than other book is that it has full color instruction photos. If you can’t grasp the word instruction, then those photos would surely help you.
- For beginner and pro
- Newbie and pro alike can both benefit from this book. With clear beginner’s guide and advanced tailoring projects, any experience level will do.
- Different sections. The sections include using conventional machines, fashion sewing, right tools and insights, to name a few. Everything you need is here.
- Expensive. The features itself clearly speak that this book is a bit expensive. With lots of helpful features, you won’t be surprised to find out that it has a high price tag in the marketplace.
The Singer Complete Photo Guide to Sewing can be your most valuable tool towards sewing success. You can now get a clear picture of every spectacular project.
7. Sewing to Sell – The Beginner’s Guide to Starting a Craft Business: Bonus – 16 Starter Projects • How to Sell Locally & Online
- This book includes all the things you need to craft your tailoring business.
- It features style guide to sewing, tips in identifying customers, selling your crafts and marketing yourself.
- This is our top pick for the best book to start a sewing home business!!
- All-in-One book
- You don’t have to buy separate books for designing patterns, pricing your work, finding your style, etch. This book gets all your sewing needs covered.
- It’s for a profit. With the help of this how-to book, you have a stepping stone to establish a remarkable sewing business that can be successful in the long run.
- Comes with 16 projects. The inclusion of the 16 projects is a surefire help for you to get started in sewing and selling.
- High Price Tag
- Imagine a book telling you the secrets to make profit out of sewing. The price would be a bit expensive, that’s for sure.
If your favorite past time is sewing, why not make the most of it. Turn it into this business, be guided by this book, and the next thing you know, you will have a thriving sewing business.
8. The Sewing Machine Accessory Bible: Get the Most Out of Your Machine—From Using Basic Feet to Mastering Specialty Feet
Do you long to work effortlessly to craft an impressive sewing work? If yes, then the Sewing Machine Accessory Bible makes a perfect choice for you. It doesn’t matter whether you are a beginner, or you are a pro. Anything you want to learn is here.
- This sewing guide features a detailed explanation of feet attachments, from basic zigzag foo toot to specialty technique.
- It includes time-saving sewing tricks, tips in picking a fabric and tricks in using sergers and embellishers.
- Reputed author. This how-to book is a product of Wendy Gardiner, an esteemed editor of different sewing titles for a number of years. All of her experiences have been the inspiration of this book.
- It describes sewing feet in details
- One important aspect of sewing is working on the machine feet. Luckily, this book is generous enough in disclosing info about the different machine feet in details.
- Limited photos
- Some reviewers say that the photos are not well encrypted and quite limited. If you prefer learning through photos, you might want to choose other guide with more illustrations.
Clearly, The Sewing Machine Accessory Bible has what it takes to be one of the best sewing how-to books in the market. The features are excellent enough for a dedicated sewer like you.
- This hands-on guide includes the later information about different sewing techniques.
- It comes with easy to follow instruction, step by step photo, plus fresh patterns, amazing projects and stitches.
- It also touches the common mistakes in sewing and gives tips on how to avoid them.
- Self-Taught Friendly Guide
- You don’t need anyone to comprehend this friendly book. It’s helpful in finding any basic information any sewer might need.
- With Sewing for Dummies, you can break free from dull designs. The new design and projects can sharpen your creativity in sewing.
- Everyone knows the …for Dummies series!
- A little bit short. This book, as reviewed by some users, is a little bit short. It should have used more illustrations and included more projects.
Overall, Sewing for Dummies may have a few flaws but outweighed by the amazing features that it has. It can be a good partner to successful sewing.
- With clear and bright illustrations, this sewing guide for kids has a lot of patterns and templates included in it.
- It includes simple yet fun projects for your little ones.
- It teaches your kids about the basics of using sewing machines such as controlling the foot pedal, raising and lowering the presser foot, and more.
- Very Informative. This book can quickly learn a lot of things from the vast array of information included in it. From using fabrics to creating cool projects, every bit of info is surely worthy to learn.
- Low-cost. If you’re on a budget, fret not. This book comes with an affordable price so it won’t surely hurt the pocketbook.
- Few Exercises. As the book is a bit short, it has only few projects and exercises. Moms can look for other alternatives if they want more options for their kids.
My First Sewing Machine Book , as the name itself implies, can be your kid’s first step to his or her sewing endeavor. Give this book as a gift to them and you’ll see how an amazing sewer they can be!
Honorable Mention-Bonus Pick
- This book helps explain how to cut patterns and create unique clothing.
- It has well-explained patterns along with comprehensive symbols.
- It is also packed with photos that are very easy to follow.
- It goes over some examples of sewing particular garments.
- Detailed Images. The detailed images make it much easier for beginners to follow the instruction.
- Cites examples
- This guide includes some examples on how to execute construction pieces such as lapped zippers and placket pockets.
- It does not provide a detailed interview of using a sewing machine.
This comprehensive sewing book is very easy to understand. It could stay with you for many years to come.
Our Picks for the Best Embroidery Books!!!
Do you want to create gorgeous projects in embroidery? If so, you need tried and tested tips. A dependable how-to book can help you do the trick. There are several embroidery books in the market where you can gain some ideas and inspiration to make your embroidery projects more awesome than ever. This review gives you the rundown of the best embroidery books on the market today. Here are the top 10 embroidery books that can make you embroider like a pro:
If you’re looking for a dependable book that can help you master different threads and fabrics, then The Embroiderer’s Handbook is the best option for you. All the tips you need in creating cute projects are sharply explained in this book.
- Different variations
- This book has wide range of projects to work on, including blanket stitch, bullions, couching, satin stitch, ribbon stitch, and a whole lot more. You will surely love each project. Whether you need a simple or advanced project, this book has everything for you.
- Easy to follow
- Just take a look at more than 40 hints and you’ll easily navigate each. It’s as easy as demonstration. If you’ve found it hard to learn from different sewing guides in the market, fret not because this one has some detailed instructions that are very easy to navigate and follow.
- Close up photography
- The inclusion of close-up picture with each instruction is a great advantage for beginners like you. No reasons for you to get confused. Each photo is also very engaging in order to spare you from the boredom of dull embroidery.
If you are very passionate when it comes to embroidery, then this book is all you need. With different projects to work on, you’ll surely get the most of your sewing experience. Whether you are a started or an accomplished embroiderer, there is no doubt that this book is one of the best options for you.
The Sewing Machine Embroiderer’s Bible discusses different types, formats and designs of various embroidery projects. This book helps you stabilize your fabric, identify which needle and thread to use and how to use pattern creatively.
- Step-by-step instruction
- Each step detailed in this book will help you create different patterns in a very easy manner. It also includes close-up images to make it more comprehensive. There’s no more reason for you to undergo the hair yanking hassles just to get the most of your sewing experience.
- Wide variety of projects. This book gives you the chance to come up with different projects such as free standing, 3D, heirloom, trapunto, fancy lettering and anything in between. You will surely love every project discussed in this embroidery book.
- Not model-specific. You can follow this book regardless of the model that you are using.
The Sewing Machine Embroiderer’s Bible is a very comprehensive guide to starting your embroidery projects. Look forward to each amazing design. Whatever model of embroidery machine you are using out there, it won’t be a problem. Check this book out now and see what benefits it has to offer.
Sublime Stitching includes charming directions and inspirational ideas for your stitching projects. This is a perfect guide regardless of your experience level. It also features iron-on patterns that are ready to use. It offers all necessary instruction to come up with hundreds of styles.
- Charming photographs
- The instruction is coupled with every close-up photo. The simple direction seamlessly gets you started with cute stitching project.
- Iron-on patterns. You’ll get the most of delightful iron-on patterns that are ready to use. It includes cheeky margaritas, classic teapots as well as cupcakes.
- Easy to remove patterns. You can easily remove the patterns after using. There’s also a cinch where you can store in the cute handy pockets.
Sublime Stitching is sublime itself. It covers everything you need regarding your embroidery learning and mastery experience. In fact, there are already lots of embroiders who tried this one and most of them have been satisfied with the result.
You’ll surely love the idea presented in Twisted Stitches. You’ll be glad to go over each instruction and experiment on cute designs that you’ve never seen before. There are 30 awesome designs in this book and you will enjoy everyone of them!
- Lovely design. The best design in this book is termed as Knife to the Heart. It’s cuter as what you think.
- Cool accessories. The guide helps you create cool accessories such as laptop covers. Each advanced project is definitely worth your time. Not only you will love the fresh designs but you will also be pleased with the amazing accessories that come in the book.
- Low cost. If you need a guide in embroidery but you are tight on budget, then you can consider this guide as the best option for you. The problem with most embroidery books in the marketplace is that they come at a price that could hurt the pocketbook. This book is very affordable!!
Twisted Stitches offers a classic twist to different cross stitch patterns with amazing results. If you’re a beginner who wants to learn and master sewing, then this book is a great choice for you. The projects range from easy to advanced. If you are not so confident in creating a unique pattern of yours, then Machine Embroidery with Confidence is the best beginners guide for you.
What a lovely embroidery experience you’ll get from this book. It has a lot of good things to share to dedicated embroiderers like you. If you just need a reliable guide to help you sharpen your skills and creativity in sewing, there is no denying the fact that this sewing guide is a must to have for you. Plus, it is also affordable. So would you still settle for less?
- Unique patterns. Surely, you’ve never seen the design from somewhere else. Expect to see amazing patterns with cute colors.
- Inspiring ideas. Each sewing expert guide teaches inspiring ideas you may need to master this kind of craft.
This is an easy-to-understand guide that thoroughly explains the basics of embroidery. The detailed instructions are a surefire way to be a skilled sewer. If you are among those who have just been convinced that embroidering is a worthwhile activity, then it’s time for you to learn. Let this guide be your partner and be a pro in no time.
If you want to combine the love of quilting with the ultimate precision of embroidery, then this book is a spectacular guide for you. With Larisa’s cute designs, you can make every flip and fabric a magic.
- 40 design ideas. You’ll experiment 40 impressive design files for the machine in 9 of the common formats
- Great bonus tips. Sewing expert Nancy Zieman shares the best tips and advice in embroidery. The book combines machine embroidery and quilting.
- Low cost. Although this book has a lot of perks to offer for beginners and seasoned embroiderers alike, it still comes at a very appealing cost. This makes it one of the most commonly chosen how-to books in the market today.
This sewing guide is a perfect guide on embroidering. Your embroidery is at its best with this book. Whether you are a started or a seasoned embroiderer, this one is for you!
This sewing guide is one of the favorites of novice as well as experienced embroiderers. Updated by the sewing expert Jan Eaton, it includes more than 400 embroidery stitches detailed by usage, from basic outline to more complex stitches. This is a reliable sewing book that will help you master the art of embroidery.
- Clear. Unlike other books, the instructions are very easy to understand. You might want to check out how easy it is to make a cute jean jacket for your daughter. Every instruction is well explained and there’s no any added info that could confuse you.
- Perfect for avid hand quilter/embroiderer. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never embroidered before. This book has great illustrations that can help you create different stitches with amazing designs.
There’s no need to experience frustration in learning embroidery. Be guided by this book and you will seamlessly learn the trick behind effective sewing. Although it’s a little bit pricey, rest assured that it will be outweighed by the benefits that it has to offer.
If you want to take out the guesswork of using embroidery machine, Embroidery Machine Essentials covers all the embroidery tutorials, from choosing stitch designs, stabilizers and threads design placement and cute stitching techniques. Simply put, all that you require when it comes to learning embroidery are sharply discussed here. While it’s a great stepping stone for beginners to learn the art of sewing, it can also be the best guide for seasoned embroiderers to fully master the craft.
- Free CD-ROM. This book comes with Free CD-ROM that includes six designs. It has a great library of sewing guides on. So if you are yearning for amazing projects that are next to none, you can make sure that each design will make everything worthwhile for you.
- Concise information
- It offers helpful hints, wide range of projects, great pictures and a helpful resource action. All you need is here. Unlike other books in the market, it promises realistic information and seamlessly deliver to every embroiderer.
You can find this book very useful in your embroidery journey. It really delivers what it actually promises. Plus, the affordable price makes it appealing, too. Your experience level in embroidery is no more a problem. Just rely on this book and you will seamlessly get yourself adept with the art of sewing.
Digitizing Made Easy is a perfect guide for every sewing machine user as well as commercial machine embroiderers who are looking for a better way to better understand and apply digitizing software. It has 250 step-by-step illustrations that will help you identify the tools of high-end digitizing.
- Guided chapters. Every chapter has a lot to share, from stitch types, auto-digitizing, sequencing, mapping and everything in between. Go over to each chapter and you will surely learn a lot of things that you can never get from other books in the market.
- Not software specific. This essentially picks up where your software manual will leave off. There’s also a CD with cute designs to work on.
If you want to learn about underlay, density, distortion, in embroidery, this book has what it takes to be the best guide for you. Plus, this book is also very affordable. Get the most of embroidery software with this book!
If you need a fresh and fun sewing projects for starters, Doodle Stitching is right for you! Why not add a creative look to every garment and accessories with charming touches? This book helps you easily to master embroidery. You’ll also master doodled designs like no other else.
- Cute projects. With every project comes a promise of amazing results. Whether you want to work on cute beginner’s projects or advanced ones, then this book will definitely get you covered. It will definitely get you inspired to get going.
- Affordable price. This book is a perfect gift for yourself or to someone you love because of its low price. Enjoy creating delightful projects without extra cost.
So what are you waiting for? If you dream to be a skilled embroiderer, choose from these top 10 books and look forward to a spectacular embroidery experience that is second to none.
Our Top Picks for the Best Quilting Books!!
Whether you just discovering the joy of quilting, or want to save time by taking your quilting to the machine, there are many techniques you can learn. Not everyone has an expert quilter in the family they can turn to for advice. Modern techniques are also harder to come by from traditional quilters. Books on the subject can be handy in such cases.
Here is a look at some of the best quilting books that modern quilters use to learn everything from how to make quick, simple patchwork baby blankets to fun improvised throws.
This book is the first of six volumes of university-style quilting lessons by the mother and daughter duo of Harriet and Carrie Hargreaves. Harriet Hargreaves is well-known across the world for her quilting innovations. The first volume of the Quilter’s Academy is a perfect place to start quilting on the sewing machine or refresh your skills with the following features:
● Explanations of sewing machine parts, correct cutting techniques, and other fundamentals
● 9 classes to develop skills with detailed, step-by-step instructions, color photos, tips and advice
● 13 projects to help you get started
● Sample quilts that only involve squares and rectangles
Angela Walters teaches quilters who already know the basics of quilting some modern approaches to free-motion quilting using any sewing machine. If long arm quilting and hand quilting are not for you and you’re looking for a more experimental style, Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Walters may be what you’re looking for. It includes:
● Advice on choosing the right fabrics for modern quilts
● Step-by-step instructions on continuous line circles, swirls, vines, squares, points and arcs
● Tips on working with bold designs and negative space, blending designs and using non-traditional shapes
● Diagrams and photos of 20 modern quilts you can use to make your own experimental designs
If you have collected scraps of fabrics and are looking for projects to use them up in, this book will show you how you can make the best use of these scraps to make your own unique “Sunday Morning quilt”. Sunday Morning Quilts offers:
● Advice on how to cut, store and organize scraps and make new fabrics by sewing these together
● Basic advice on basic scrap quilting such as color theory, how to block or wash quilts etc.
● 16 fun projects using applique, piecing and improvisation with clear instructions and close-up photos
● A section on how to adapt patterns to your own style.
This book is ideal for a beginner to scrap quilting; advanced quilters may wish for more patterns and less fundamentals.
Shape by Shape Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Walters: 70+ Designs for Blocks, Backgrounds & Borders
This is another offering by Angela Walters that gives free-motion quilters a lot more ideas and creative inspiration than her other book for beginners. Shape by Shape offers step-by-step instructions of over 70 quilting ideas that you can dip into before any quilting project. Features include:
● Three sections – Blocks (organized by five shapes: Squares, Circles, Triangles, Diamonds and Hexagons), Negative Space and Borders
● Full-page photos of quilts and close-up photos of stitches
● A detailed visual index to easily find what you’re looking for
● Clear instructions on how to execute each design in the book
This is yet another book of ideas for free-motion quilters, by Amanda Murphy the spokesperson of Bernina, the manufacturer of premium sewing machines. The Free-Motion Quilting Idea Book may be used as a workbook to guide you with quilting longarm or on your own machines. It includes:
● 155 well-indexed stitches. The index links stitch families together based on their effectiveness in borders, sashings or body
● Illustrated patterns to create 30 traditional blocks
● Over 30 patterns that you can quilt based on each block
● A photo gallery of quilts
● How to make a table runner, with clear instructions, to practice your newly learned skills on
This short but handy book is for the busy quilter who wants quick quilting projects without worrying about any rules of traditional quilting. The Quilt As-You-Go Made Modern book does away with the need for paper patterns and precise cutting with its innovative approach to quilting – it teaches you how to quilt in manageable sections, directly on the blocks. These blocks are joined and then a backing is added. Features of the book include:
● 13 projects with clear instructions and pictures
● Tips on finishing your quilt without a longarm
● Tips to improvise your own designs
● Patterns to inspire your own quilts
Quilts for Beginners: A How-to Book of Quilting Supplies, How-to-Quilt Techniques, and Quilt Patterns
This beginner guide by the experienced quilter Felicity Walker offers quilting fundamentals including history and overview of types of quilts, overview of essential tools, fabric, batting etc., guide on cutting, quilting, sewing, finishing etc. as well as patterns. The Quilts for Beginners book includes:
● 3 quilt patterns including a double four-patch baby quilt, a table runner made quilt-as-you-go style and a rail fence lap quilt.
● Detailed, well-written instructions and answers to the “whys” behind some techniques that other books may take for granted
● Clear photos to guide you through the projects
● Tips on shortcuts and tips to help you make a first quilt in a few hours
This book is not a comprehensive guide to quilting. It simply offers a collection of fun, fresh and colorful quilt patterns, down-to-earth fabric guide and patterns that both beginners and experts may find inspiring. The quilts are easy to piece together but the results are impressive, making this book a good reference for gifts you can make in a weekend. It includes:
● 12 quilt designs and instructions based on precuts for easy sewing
● A variety of patterns including strips and squares to more complex pinwheels, half-square triangles, stitch-and-flip corners etc.
The Complete Guide to Machine Quilting: How to Use Your Home Sewing Machine to Achieve Hand-Quilting Effects
This “complete guide” by an award-winning quilter Joanie Zeier Poole aims to teach quilters how to use their machines to achieve hand-quilting effects. It doesn’t offer a lot of patterns, but The Complete Guide to Machine Quilting book offers detailed information on everything from how to set up your machine for quilting with the right accessories, how to find a pattern for your skill level, preparing fabric and top, stitching, overviews of free-motion, echo quilting and stippling. It includes:
● Bonus patterns to apply the knowledge you gain
● Detailed information that works as a good reference when used with a book of patterns
● Easy to follow style for novices interested in the technicalities of machine quilting
This popular quilting book by the Better Homes and Gardens brand aims to be the go-to-guide and reference for both newbie quilters and experts. It is packed with tips on how to tackle almost any kind of quilting stitch, tool, block, fabric, technique and more. If you want to learn new skills in quilting, Better Homes and Gardens: Complete Guide to Quilting book will offer clear photos and instructions to help you do so. It includes:
● Chapters with comprehensive tables of contents and color-coded labels to quickly find what you’re looking for
● Over 750 photos to illustrate topics related to tools, supplies, fabric and color, planning blocks, planning tops, cutting, hand or machine piecing, binding & finishing, specialty techniques and more.
● Multiple options for every technique.
With so many quilting books on fundamentals, patterns and other aspects of quilting, you want to make sure you find the right one for you. Getting started with the right book will ensure that you don’t give up half-way. References and guides are not the best place to get started with quilting, but they can help experts hone and expand their skills. Happy quilting!